Director of Development
Supervisor: Executive Director
OBJECTIVE: To assure appropriate availability of funds to underwrite budgets of all MRL entities, including its education fund, political action committee and other funds as directed.
1. Oversee the MRL fund raising of current donors, working with the telemarketing firms and printers as needed. Ensure that scheduled fund raisers are on schedule and ready to be implemented as scheduled.
2. Build relationships with major donors to increase level of contributions.
3. Update and implement a major gifts program and materials, including:
a. Personal visits and calls
d. Thank you calls and notes
4. Prospect contributor lists for potential major givers.
5. Establish and maintain positive interoffice communications/relations.
6. This job description is not all inclusive. Employee will also be asked to perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management.
1. A demonstrated passion and zeal for the pro-life philosophy of MRL.
2. Knowledge of effective fundraising tactics and strategies.
3. Communication/public speaking skills.
4. Excellent writing skills.
5. Organizational skills
6. Be a self-starter, able to work independently without supervision.
6. Management skills.
7. Ability to travel and willingness to work both day and evening hours and limited weekends. A vehicle and driver’s license are required.
This individual must be committed to the pro-life philosophy of MRL, with a willingness to maintain current education on the issues of abortion, infanticide, euthanasia, adoption, and other pro-life matters.
TRAINING AND PREPARATION:
This individual will receive adequate training upon hire; i.e. written materials, video and verbal presentations and direction from appropriate advisors and training in basic organization skills and MRL projects.
Newly hired individuals will be evaluated after the first three months in the position; thereafter, evaluations will occur once a year by the Executive Director. This is an "at will" employment.
Compensation to be negotiated.