2009 Missouri Abortion statistics compiled by the State of Missouri are available at http://health.mo.gov/data/vitalstatistics/mvs09/Preface.pdf
- 1.2 million abortions are performed each year in the United States. That number is down from the all time high of 1.6 million abortions recorded in 1990.
- The national abortion rate is 19.5 abortions per 1,000 women of childbearing age.
- The national abortion ratio is 24 abortions per 100 live births.
- 3,300 babies die from abortion each day in the United States. That’s one every 24 seconds.
- 15,600 unborn babies who are 21 weeks or older die each year from abortion.
- Over 50 million American unborn babies have lost their lives to abortion since the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision which legalized abortion on demand.
- An estimated 50 million unborn children lose their lives to abortion each year worldwide.
This information is courtesy of Wisconsin Right to Life.