- Euthanasia is the direct killing of a person, usually by injecting a lethal substance.
- Euthanasia is prohibited in all 50 states under homicide laws.
- Assisted suicide involves one person providing the means and instructions to help another person commit suicide.
- Most states have laws which prohibit assisted suicide. Assisted suicide is legal in Oregon, Washington and Montana.
- Attempts to legalize assisted suicide with ballot measures have been defeated in four states.
- Euthanasia is legal in the Netherlands with or without the consent of the patient.
Guidelines have been adopted to allow the killing of newborns with disabilities.
- People from all over the world travel to Switzerland to be assisted with suicide.
- Illegal drugs from Mexico are taken to Australia and New Zealand to be used for suicide. People are taught how to make their own suicide pills.
- Allowing people who are not dying to die of starvation and dehydration by withholding or withdrawing food and fluids is legal in all 50 states.
This information is courtesy of Wisconsin Right to Life.