MISSOURI RIGHT TO LIFE PRESS RELEASE
The following statement may be attributed to Susan Klein, Executive Director:
Missouri Right to Life awaits the decision of our state and the courts in the questions that are before them in regard to protecting unborn babies and their mothers in our state.
Planned Parenthood and the ACLU are fighting to take away these protections. Missouri Right to Life and Missouri statewide leaders are fighting to preserve the right to life of unborn children and to protect the health and well-being of Missouri women.
As the Governor pointed out at his press conference today, no one is above the law and certainly not when the health of Missouri women is threatened.
We look forward to unborn babies and their mothers being sheltered by the provisions of the recently passed and signed SS SCS HB 126, which include:
• ban abortion at detection of a heartbeat at 8 weeks, if overturned,
• ban abortion at 14 weeks, if overturned,
• ban abortion at 18 weeks.
• ban abortion when the baby can feel pain
• require 2nd custodial parent notification.
• require Missouri informed consent requirements for out-of-state abortion referrals.
• increase required malpractice insurance to 3 million dollars.
• increase to 70% of the donation, tax credits for donations to Pregnancy Resource Centers and lift the limit on
the amount of the donation
• ban abortion in Missouri when Roe v. Wade is overturned.
• ban abortion for race, gender, and Down Syndrome diagnosis.
At the signing of SS SCS HB 126, Governor Parson stated Missourians are “sending a strong signal to the nation that, in Missouri, we stand for life, protect women’s health, and advocate for the unborn…. All life has value and is worth protecting.”
Missouri Right to Life and pro-life Missourians are grateful to Governor Mike Parson and to the women and men of the Missouri Legislature who have fought so hard to protect our unborn babies and their mothers.